Sweet and Savory Pulled Beef Dinner Recipe
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon barbecue seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooked egg noodles
- 1. Combine the first six ingredients. Cut roast in half; rub with seasonings. In a large skillet, brown beef in oil on all sides. Transfer to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with onion and red pepper.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, brown sugar, honey, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, garlic, vinegar and salt; pour over vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- 3. Remove roast; cool slightly. Strain cooking juices, reserving vegetables and 1-1/4 cups juices; skim fat from reserved juices. Shred beef with two forks and return to slow cooker. Stir in reserved vegetables and cooking juices; heat through. Serve with noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup (calculated without noodles) equals 571 calories, 29 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 147 mg cholesterol, 1,604 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 47 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.