“These are scrumptious! I served them at our last family reunion and they were a huge hit (Uncle Milton had two!). Cranberry sauce with turkey is a match made in heaven.” —Marla Clark of Moriarty, New Mexico
- 6 turkey bacon strips, diced and cooked
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 Italian turkey sausage link (4 ounces), casing removed
- 3 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut in half
- 6 onion rolls, split
- 6 tablespoons jellied cranberry sauce
- 6 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 6 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble turkey and sausage over mixture and mix well. Shape into six burgers.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Top with cheese; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Toast the rolls; spread warm rolls with cranberry sauce and mayonnaise. Serve burgers on rolls with lettuce. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sweet and Sassy Turkey Burgers in Healthy Cooking June/July 2008, p35
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sweet and Sassy Turkey Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review