- 6 turkey bacon strips, diced and cooked
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 Italian turkey sausage link (4 ounces), casing removed
- 3 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut in half
- 6 onion rolls, split
- 6 tablespoons jellied cranberry sauce
- 6 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 6 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble turkey and sausage over mixture and mix well. Shape into six burgers.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Top with cheese; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Toast the rolls; spread warm rolls with cranberry sauce and mayonnaise. Serve burgers on rolls with lettuce. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sweet and Sassy Turkey Burgers
Sort By :
"These are wonderful. I printed and added this to my recipe collection... Highly recommended and will share this with my Weight Watcher friends..."
"WOW! This recipe is a true "five stars"---can't wait to make them for our deck get-togethers this summer!"
"Made these for casual dinner guests and they were wonderful. What a nice combination of flavors. I did not however use the onion rolls, just a good bakery bun. I also used whole cranberry sauce because it was what I had on hand. I liked the added texture that it gave. Will make again soon."
"I left off the bacon because I didn't have it but oh my my my. Excellent recipe can't wait to try it with the bacon. I will be making this again and again."
"WE don't usually make turkey burgers but my husband and I both agree that this is the best 'burger' ever!!!! We will be making this again!!!"