Sweet and Salty Snack Mix
"Friends of ours from Texas gave us this recipe that they call 'Texas Trash'," writes Maureen Di Napoli of Hopkinton, Masachusetts. "We think the white chocolate-coated mixture of crunchy cereal, pretzels and nuts is the best 'trash' we've ever had!"
11 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups Honey Grahams cereal
- 1 cup miniature pretzels
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) vanilla or white chips
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal, pretzels and nuts; set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the chips at 70% power for 45
- seconds; stir. Microwave 20-35 seconds longer or until chips are
- melted; stir until smooth. Immediately pour over the cereal mixture
- and toss to coat evenly. Spread on waxed paper-lined baking sheets
- to cool; break into pieces. Yield: about 8-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 337 calories, 22 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 235 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.