Sweet and Salty Snack Mix Recipe
"Friends of ours from Texas gave us this recipe that they call 'Texas Trash'," writes Maureen Di Napoli of Hopkinton, Masachusetts. "We think the white chocolate-coated mixture of crunchy cereal, pretzels and nuts is the best 'trash' we've ever had!"
- 3 cups Honey Grahams cereal
- 1 cup miniature pretzels
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup Diamond of California Pecan Halves
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) vanilla or white chips
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal, pretzels and nuts; set aside. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the chips at 70% power for 45 seconds; stir. Microwave 20-35 seconds longer or until chips are melted; stir until smooth. Immediately pour over the cereal mixture and toss to coat evenly. Spread on waxed paper-lined baking sheets to cool; break into pieces. Yield: about 8-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Sweet Snack Mix in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p47
Reviews for Sweet and Salty Snack Mix(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 9, 2009
I love this mix!!! I didn't have honey grahams so I used popcorn instead. I also threw in some peanut butter chips and chocolate chips. So Yummy!!!
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizer Snack Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Easy Appetizer Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Easy Finger Foods >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Kids Snacks >
- Nut Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >
- Peanut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Simple Appetizers >