Sweet and Salty Chocolate Reindeer Recipe
You can enlist little hands to help position the antlers, eyes and noses on these adorable, crisp reindeer cookies. —Pat Habiger, Spearville, Kansas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 40 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:48 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 96 miniature pretzels
- 96 M&M's miniature baking bits
- 48 small red gumdrops
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Divide dough into eight portions; cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 3. Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 6-in. circle; cut into six wedges. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Press in pretzels for antlers, baking bits for eyes and a gumdrop for the nose.
- 4. Bake 7-9 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cookie equals 119 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 130 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC