Instead of buying a party mix at the store, try mixing this recipe together for your next party. It has such a wonderful sweet flavor.—Diane Simkins, East Greenville, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 25 Party Halloween Snacks
- 2-1/2 cups Rice Chex
- 1-1/2 cups oyster crackers
- 1 cup goldfish crackers
- 3/4 cup salted peanuts or cashews
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan, combine the cereal, crackers and peanuts. In a small heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, honey and cinnamon. Cook and stir until butter is dissolved and mixture comes to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla (mixture will bubble up some). Pour over cereal mixture; toss to coat evenly.
- Bake at 325° for 7 minutes; stir. Bake 10-15 minutes longer, stirring every 5 minutes. Cool, stirring several times. Yield: about 5 cups.
Originally published as Sweet and Crunchy Party Mix in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p36
Reviews for Sweet and Crunchy Party Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review