- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup almond cake and pastry filling
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unfold puff pastry sheets on a lightly floured surface; roll each sheet into a 15x10-in. rectangle.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and water; brush over rectangles. Spread pastry filling over one rectangle to within 1/4 in. of edges; sprinkle with almonds. Top with remaining pastry, egg wash side down, pressing lightly.
- Brush top with egg wash. Cut in half lengthwise; cut each rectangle crosswise into sixteen strips. Twist each strip 2-3 times. Place 1 in. apart on baking sheets. Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 32 twists.
Originally published as Sweet Almond Twists in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p81
Reviews for Sweet Almond Twists
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review