- combine butter, sugar, milk, cinnamon and salt in a small saucepan.
- Cook and stir over low heat until butter is melted. Simmer for 1
- minute. Remove from the heat; cool for 5 minutes. Make a 1/4-in.
- depression in the center of each loaf with the tip of a wooden
- spoon. Brush with butter mixture and sprinkle with almonds. Bake at
- 375° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10
- minutes. Serve warm. Yield: 2 loaves.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 137 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 125 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.