Sweet 'n' Zesty Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (2.4 ounces) tomato-basil soup mix
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Hot cooked couscous, optional
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, brown chicken with onion in oil on both sides. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, combine the water, soup mix, brown sugar and hot pepper sauce. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Return chicken and onion to pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Serve over couscous if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 piece: 452 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 825mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 3g fiber), 40g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Zesty Chicken Breasts
"This was good. I doubled the recipe to feed a family of 4. I couldn't find the tomato-basil soup mix from our supermarket, so I used plain tomato and added basil seasoning to it. Made it with steamed rice and white potatoes."