Sweet 'n' Tender Carrots
Barbara Schindler of Napoleon, OH uses lemon-lime soda to really perk up the flavor of carrots. This bright side-dish is fast, hands-off, and notes Barbara, “it's a great way to get your children to eat carrots.”
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups frozen sliced carrots
- 1 cup lemon-lime soda
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the
- carrots, soda, sugar, salt and pepper. Cover and cook over
- medium-low heat for 7-10 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2/3 cup) equals 105 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 213 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.