Sweet 'n' Tender Cabbage Rolls Recipe
- 1 large head cabbage
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, well drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Cook cabbage in boiling water just until leaves fall off head. Set aside 14 large leaves for rolls. (Refrigerate remaining cabbage for another use.) Cut out the thick vein from the bottom of each reserved leaf, making a V-shaped cut.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, rice, mushrooms, onion and seasonings. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Place about 1/2 cup on each cabbage leaf; overlap cut ends and fold in sides, beginning from the cut end. Roll up completely to enclose filling.
- Place seven rolls, seam side down, in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine sauce ingredients; pour half over cabbage rolls. Top with remaining rolls and sauce. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Tender Cabbage Rolls(31)
Sort By :
was very sweet i added vinager to cut the sweetness. next time i will put half the brown sugar and maybe add alittle soy and a little worcetershire sause to cut the sweetness.
These are good but I had trouble with the cabbage leaves. Mine tore as I tried to separate them from the head. I ended up piecing them together to cover the filling. They weren't pretty but tasted good. The sauce became too thin and needed more.
very sweet and delicious
This was a big hit with my family, which normally wouldn't eat cabbage, this will definalty become a winter staple.
We loved this, left out the sugar..added minced garlic, was delish!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ground Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >
- Rice Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Beef Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Cabbage >
- Slow Cooker Ground Beef >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >