Sweet 'n' Tangy Shrimp Recipe
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry shrimp and ginger in oil until shrimp turn pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Add the ketchup mixture; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with onions and sesame seeds. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 241 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 252mg cholesterol, 954mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Tangy Shrimp
"We enjoyed this. Made as-is."
"Made this for my dautghter and son-in-law and we all loved it. Went nicely with rice, may try adding some pineapple next time."
"This recipe is good, but it's missing something and is a bit too sweet. May try adding something to help give a little more depth of flavor and cut the sweet next time."
"Used cooked shrimp cause I couldn't find medium frozen, uncooked. Turned out great. Very tasty and the kiddo loved it!This time used uncooked shrimp...even better!"
"5 stars because this was soooo easy, fast and delicious! TRUE fast food, but so much better for you!"
"This was amazing!! I only had a 12 oz bag of shrimp, so mine was saucy & I like it that way, probably 3 servings. Definitely garnish with cilantro. A real keeper!!!"
"Very fast and easy. Even my non-shrimp eater ate this."