Sweet 'n' Tangy Shrimp
With its delightfully sweet-tangy flavor, this easy entree is destined to become a favorite! “My husband and I adapted the recipe from one in a magazine, and we just love it,” writes Kathleen Davis of North Bend, Washington.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside. In a
- large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry shrimp and ginger in oil
- until shrimp turn pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the ketchup mixture; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until
- heated through. Sprinkle with onions and sesame seeds. Serve with
- rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup (calculated without rice) equals 241 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 252 mg cholesterol, 954 mg sodium,