Sweet 'n' Tangy Shrimp Recipe
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry shrimp and ginger in oil until shrimp turn pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the ketchup mixture; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with onions and sesame seeds. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Tangy Shrimp
Sort By :
"Made this for my dautghter and son-in-law and we all loved it. Went nicely with rice, may try adding some pineapple next time."
"This recipe is good, but it's missing something and is a bit too sweet. May try adding something to help give a little more depth of flavor and cut the sweet next time."
"Used cooked shrimp cause I couldn't find medium frozen, uncooked. Turned out great. Very tasty and the kiddo loved it!This time used uncooked shrimp...even better!"
"5 stars because this was soooo easy, fast and delicious! TRUE fast food, but so much better for you!"
"This was amazing!! I only had a 12 oz bag of shrimp, so mine was saucy & I like it that way, probably 3 servings. Definitely garnish with cilantro. A real keeper!!!"