Sweet 'n' Tangy Shrimp Recipe
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry shrimp and ginger in oil until shrimp turn pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the ketchup mixture; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with onions and sesame seeds. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Tangy Shrimp
Sort By :
This recipe is good, but it's missing something and is a bit too sweet. May try adding something to help give a little more depth of flavor and cut the sweet next time.
Used cooked shrimp cause I couldn't find medium frozen, uncooked. Turned out great. Very tasty and the kiddo loved it!
This time used uncooked shrimp...even better!
5 stars because this was soooo easy, fast and delicious! TRUE fast food, but so much better for you!
This was amazing!! I only had a 12 oz bag of shrimp, so mine was saucy & I like it that way, probably 3 servings. Definitely garnish with cilantro. A real keeper!!!
Very fast and easy. Even my non-shrimp eater ate this.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >