Sweet 'n' Tangy Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/4 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1. In a bowl, combine the sherry or broth, brown sugar, soy sauce and red pepper flakes; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet, brown pork chops in oil. Top with sauce. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until meat juices run clear.
- 2. Combine the cornstarch and water until smooth; add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Garnish with diced peppers. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1 pork chop with 2 tablespoons sauce) equals 229 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 342 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges:
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Tangy Pork Chops
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.