Sweet 'n' Tangy Pork Chops for 2
"I remember cooking with my mother when I was younger," recalls Dennis Wolcott of Blossburg, Pennsylvania. "She would make pork chops in a barbecue sauce that I love. This simple yet delicious dish remains a favorite."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil. Combine the remaining
- ingredients; add to skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until pork juices run clear. Spoon
- sauce over pork chops. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 388 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 745 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.