"I remember cooking with my mother when I was younger," recalls Dennis Wolcott of Blossburg, Pennsylvania. "She would make pork chops in a barbecue sauce that I love. This simple yet delicious dish remains a favorite."
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil. Combine the remaining ingredients; add to skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until pork juices run clear. Spoon sauce over pork chops. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sweet 'n' Tangy Pork Chops in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p14
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Tangy Pork Chops for 2
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review