Sweet 'n' Tangy Pork Chops Recipe
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil. Combine the remaining ingredients; add to skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until pork juices run clear. Spoon sauce over pork chops. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Tangy Pork Chops(8)
Sort By :
Hurricane Sandy is making landfall in Atlantic City today and, not knowing if I would have electricity, I wanted a quick meal to prepare. This was a great choice. It was easy and very good. The next time I make this I will take Ken's suggestion and drain off the fat before adding the sauce to the pan. The sauce was tasty and it didn't cover up the flavor of the pork. I will definitely make this again.
Meh. I used boneless instead of bone-in. They took much longer to cook through than the recipe called for. The end result wasn't very tender and the barbecue sauce wasn't our favorite. A little bland and sweet.
Made this tonight again, had made this years ago and found this in my recipe box, I forgot how delicious and easy this is! Moved to the front of the box!
Simple, quick & so good. We will be having these again.