Even our 2-year old will eat this dish. The tender chops covered in a flavorful sauce are quick to fix. I like to serve them on a bed of no-yolk noodles. -Michelle Bishop of Peru, Indiana
- 1/4 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup diced sweet red pepper
- In a bowl, combine the sherry or broth, brown sugar, soy sauce and red pepper flakes; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet, brown pork chops in oil. Top with sauce. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until meat juices run clear.
- Combine the cornstarch and water until smooth; add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Garnish with diced peppers. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sweet n Tangy Pork Chops in Light & Tasty December/January 2004, p27
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Tangy Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review