Sweet 'n' Tangy Meatballs Recipe
A friend from church gave me this recipe. It's one of my all time favorites.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 2 to 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble meat over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- 2. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°; drain.
- 3. In a large skillet, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar and soy sauce; add the meatballs. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until heated through and sauce is thickened. Serve with noodles or rice. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 420 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 155 mg cholesterol, 2,630 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC