Sweet 'n' Tangy Meatballs Recipe
A friend from church gave me this recipe. It's one of my all time favorites.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 2 to 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble meat over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- 2. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°; drain.
- 3. In a large skillet, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar and soy sauce; add the meatballs. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until heated through and sauce is thickened. Serve with noodles or rice. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 420 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 155mg cholesterol, 2630mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Tangy Meatballs
Reviewed Sep. 27, 2013
"Yummy This Sweet 'n' Tangy Meatballsare so good my kids love it !!!!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC