A friend from church gave me this recipe. It's one of my all time favorites.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 2 to 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble meat over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°; drain.
- In a large skillet, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar and soy sauce; add the meatballs. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until heated through and sauce is thickened. Serve with noodles or rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sweet 'n' Tangy Meatballs in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p202
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Tangy Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 27, 2013
"Yummy This Sweet 'n' Tangy Meatballsare so good my kids love it !!!!"