- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 2 to 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble meat over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°; drain.
- In a large skillet, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar and soy sauce; add the meatballs. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until heated through and sauce is thickened. Serve with noodles or rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sweet 'n' Tangy Meatballs in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p202
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Tangy Meatballs(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 27, 2013
Yummy This Sweet 'n' Tangy Meatballs
are so good my kids love it !!!!