Sweet 'N' Tangy Freezer Pickles Recipe
- 2 pounds pickling cucumbers (about 8 to 10 medium), thinly sliced
- 3 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 3 teaspoons celery seed
- 1. In a large bowl, toss vegetables with 2 tablespoons salt. Cover with crushed ice and mix well. Refrigerate, covered, 8 hours. Drain; rinse and drain again.
- 2. In a saucepan, combine sugar, vinegar, celery seed and remaining salt. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1 minute. Pour over cucumber mixture; stir to combine.
- 3. Transfer to freezer containers or canning jars, leaving 1-in. headspace; cool completely. Freeze, covered, up to 6 months.
- 4. Thaw in refrigerator before serving. Store thawed pickles in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks. Yield: 8 cups.
1/4 cup: 58 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 223mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Sweet 'N' Tangy Freezer Pickles
"I am not a sweet and sour fan but I liked these and my family LOVED them!!"