Sweet 'n' Tangy Carrots Recipe
- 2 pounds carrots, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Place 1 in. of water, carrots and salt in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. Return carrots to pan; add the brown sugar, butter, mustard and pepper. Cook and stir over low heat until well coated. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1/2 cup: 143 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 257mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Tangy Carrots
"Very nice change!"
"My family absolutely LOVED these carrots. I added a little italian seasoning and they raved over them. A definite regular now!!!!!"
"This was a really good recipe. Didn't change a thing! Will be making it again!"
"Love these! Perfect side dish for just about anything."
"This is one of the first recipes I made from the very first issue of Taste of Home I ever received. Yummy!~ Theresa"
"I have substituted dried thyme for the parsley, turned out great!"