- 2 pounds carrots, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Place 1 in. of water, carrots and salt in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Return carrots to pan; add the brown sugar, butter, mustard and pepper. Cook and stir over low heat until well coated. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Tangy Carrots
"Very nice change!"
"My family absolutely LOVED these carrots. I added a little italian seasoning and they raved over them. A definite regular now!!!!!"
"This is an excellent recipe. I have made it many times for Thanksgiving & Christmas."
"This was a really good recipe. Didn't change a thing! Will be making it again!"