Sweet 'n' Spicy Wings Recipe
- 5 pounds chicken wings
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon celery seed, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon each salt, paprika and cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1. Cut wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections. In a large saucepan, bring the butter, hot sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, 2 tablespoons celery seed and lemon juice to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until reduced by half.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, paprika, cayenne, garlic powder and remaining celery seed. Add wings, a few at a time, and shake to coat.
- 3. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry wings, a few at a time, for 3-4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Drain on paper towels. Place in a large bowl; add sauce and toss to coat. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 appetizer equals 129 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Spicy Wings
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer