Sweet 'n' Spicy Wings Recipe
- 5 pounds chicken wings
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon celery seed, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon each salt, paprika and cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Cut wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections. In a large saucepan, bring the butter, hot sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, 2 tablespoons celery seed and lemon juice to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until reduced by half.
- Meanwhile, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, paprika, cayenne, garlic powder and remaining celery seed. Add wings, a few at a time, and shake to coat.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry wings, a few at a time, for 3-4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Drain on paper towels. Place in a large bowl; add sauce and toss to coat. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Spicy Wings
Sort By :
"Great recipe. I loved this recipe! ! My husband is a very picky eater and he loved this."
"The whole family loved this recipe. Followed the recipe exactly."
"I fed this to my husband and some of our friends. They loved it!!!! They practically licked their plates clean, and begged for more."
"This is one of the best that I've tried. I like to add a little Habanero sauce to give it a little more heat."
"This was the best spicy wings recipe I have ever tried!!!!!!!!"