Sweet 'n' Spicy Wings Recipe
- 5 pounds chicken wings
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon celery seed, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon each salt, paprika and cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Cut wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections. In a large saucepan, bring the butter, hot sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, 2 tablespoons celery seed and lemon juice to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until reduced by half.
- Meanwhile, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, paprika, cayenne, garlic powder and remaining celery seed. Add wings, a few at a time, and shake to coat.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry wings, a few at a time, for 3-4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Drain on paper towels. Place in a large bowl; add sauce and toss to coat. Yield: about 4 dozen.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Spicy Wings
Sort By :
The whole family loved this recipe. Followed the recipe exactly.
I fed this to my husband and some of our friends. They loved it!!!! They practically licked their plates clean, and begged for more.
This is one of the best that I've tried. I like to add a little Habanero sauce to give it a little more heat.
This was the best spicy wings recipe I have ever tried!!!!!!!!
This wings were ok, not too bad. Even though they were called "spicy", they were not spicy enough for our taste.