Sweet 'n' Spicy Snack Mix
This yummy snack mix was concocted by our Test Kitchen. Chex cereal, cheesy snack crackers and mini pretzels are baked with a sprinkling of soy sauce, chili powder and barbecue seasoning. The mix is sure to spice up your next party or festive gathering.
13 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 4 cups miniature pretzels
- 2-1/3 cups reduced-fat cheese-flavored baked snack crackers
- 2 cups Wheat Chex
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon barbecue seasoning
- 3 cups Corn Pops
- Preheat oven to 250°. In a large bowl, combine pretzels, crackers
- and cereal. In a small bowl, combine butter, soy sauce, chili powder
- and barbecue seasoning; pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake
- 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Stir in Corn Pops. Store in
- airtight containers. Yield: 10 cups.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 160 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 484 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.