This yummy snack mix was concocted by our Test Kitchen. Chex cereal, cheesy snack crackers and mini pretzels are baked with a sprinkling of soy sauce, chili powder and barbecue seasoning. The mix is sure to spice up your next party or festive gathering.
- 4 cups miniature pretzels
- 2-1/3 cups reduced-fat cheese-flavored baked snack crackers
- 2 cups Wheat Chex
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon barbecue seasoning
- 3 cups Corn Pops
- Preheat oven to 250°. In a large bowl, combine pretzels, crackers and cereal. In a small bowl, combine butter, soy sauce, chili powder and barbecue seasoning; pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Stir in Corn Pops. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 10 cups.
Originally published as Sweet 'n' Spicy Snack Mix in Light & Tasty December/January 2004, p33
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Spicy Snack Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review