Sweet 'n' Spicy Roasted Corn Recipe
- 6 large ears sweet corn in husks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Carefully peel back corn husks to within 1 in. of bottom; remove silk. Rewrap corn in husks and secure with kitchen string. Soak corn in cold water for 1 hour.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill corn, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally. Remove string before serving.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Add the garlic, brown sugar, red pepper flakes and chili powder. Serve with grilled corn. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Spicy Roasted Corn
Sort By :
I used a little less pepper and chili powder, but it was still delish. I will do this again.
Wonderful combination of flavors. I've also substituted honey for brown sugar, and that is delicious as well.
I love doing the ears on the grill, and I shuck them and wrap them in foil. The butter mixture is exactly as the title states- sweet and spicy! I absolutely loved it. Super easy and delicious! I took the leftover ears, removed the kernels, tossed them with the butter mixture and froze it for a future meal.
More Recipe Collections
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Corn on the Cob >
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Father's Day Side Dishes >
- Grilled Corn >
- Grilled Vegetables >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- July 4th Recipes >
- July 4th Side Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Labor Day Side Dish Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Side Dishes >
- Memorial Day Recipes >