Sweet 'n' Spicy Pork Chops Recipe
I found this recipe in a Kentucky newspaper some time ago. My husband asks for it often, saying it really hits the spot when he's hungry.
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple juice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bone-in pork loin chop (3/4 inch thick)
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mix well. Transfer 3 tablespoons to a resealable plastic bag; cover and refrigerate remaining marinade. Add pork to bag. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Broil pork chop 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting several times with reserved marinade. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 1 serving.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC