Sweet 'n' Spicy Pecans Recipe
Have snack lovers on your Christmas gift list? You can't go wrong with a festive tin brimming with these special pecans. The sweet-spicy flavor combination is irresistible.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups water
- 1 pound pecan halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground coriander, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, butter, corn syrup and vanilla; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine water and pecans; bring to a boil for 1 minute. Drain. Immediately add to sugar mixture; toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until browned, stirring every 10 minutes.
- 3. Combine the remaining ingredients; sprinkle over hot pecans. Stir to coat. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet; cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5 cups.
1/4 cup equals 196 calories, 18 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 42 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Spicy Pecans
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC