- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups water
- 1 pound pecan halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground coriander, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, butter, corn syrup and vanilla; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine water and pecans; bring to a boil for 1 minute. Drain. Immediately add to sugar mixture; toss to coat.
- Transfer to an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until browned, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Combine the remaining ingredients; sprinkle over hot pecans. Stir to coat. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet; cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5 cups.
Originally published as Spiced Pecans in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2009, p61
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Spicy Pecans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 3, 2011
Made this recipe this week. Very good and easy. Will be making it again.