- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups water
- 1 pound pecan halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground coriander, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, butter, corn syrup and vanilla; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine water and pecans; bring to a boil for 1 minute. Drain. Immediately add to sugar mixture; toss to coat.
- Transfer to an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until browned, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Combine the remaining ingredients; sprinkle over hot pecans. Stir to coat. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet; cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5 cups.
Originally published as Spiced Pecans in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2009, p61
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Spicy Pecans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 3, 2011
"Made this recipe this week. Very good and easy. Will be making it again."