Sweet 'n' Spicy Meatballs
You'll usually find a batch of these meatballs in my freezeer. The slightly sweet sauce nicely complements the spicy pork sausage.
Genie Brown, Roanoke, Virginia
48 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 pounds Johnsonville® Hot Ground Sausage
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large bowl, combine sausage and egg. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 400°
- for 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until sugar is
- Transfer meatballs to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add the sauce and stir
- gently to coat. Cover and keep warm on low until serving. Yield:
- about 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 meatball equals 64 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as