Sweet 'n' Spicy Grilled Pork Chops Recipe
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with chilies, undrained
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup currant jelly
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon each garlic powder, salt and crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 boneless pork chops (3/4 inch thick)
- In a blender, combine the tomatoes, raisins, jelly, vinegar and seasonings; cover and process until smooth. Pour into a 1-qt. saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until thickened. set aside 3/4 cup for serving.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill pork chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting occasionally with sauce. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Sweet 'n' Spicy Grilled Pork Chops in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p214
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Spicy Grilled Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Pork Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Pork Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Dinners >
- Memorial Day Recipes >