Sweet 'n' Spicy Country Ribs
“My friends have asked me to bottle my barbeque sauce, rub and marinades. My favorite saying is, 'You cook it, and they will come.'” And they sure will with these tender ribs on the menu! Thanks to Allan Stackhouse Jr of Jennings, Louisiana for the recipe.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 40 min.
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup cola
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 to 4 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- In a small bowl, combine the apple juice, oil, cola, brown sugar,
- honey, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, Liquid Smoke if desired and
- Pour 1-1/2 cups marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add
- ribs. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 5 hours or
- overnight, turning once. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade
- for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil;