“My friends have asked me to bottle my barbeque sauce, rub and marinades. My favorite saying is, 'You cook it, and they will come.'” And they sure will with these tender ribs on the menu! Thanks to Allan Stackhouse Jr of Jennings, Louisiana for the recipe.
Recommended: 60 Favorite Slow Cooker Pork Recipes
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup cola
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 to 4 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- In a small bowl, combine the apple juice, oil, cola, brown sugar, honey, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, Liquid Smoke if desired and seasonings.
- Pour 1-1/2 cups marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add ribs. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 5 hours or overnight, turning once. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place ribs over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 10 minutes on each side, basting occasionally.
- Grill 20-25 minutes longer or until meat is tender, turning and basting occasionally with remaining marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sweet 'n' Spicy Country Ribs in Simple & Delicious September/October 2008, p52
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Spicy Country Ribs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review