- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup cola
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 to 4 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- In a small bowl, combine the apple juice, oil, cola, brown sugar, honey, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, Liquid Smoke if desired and seasonings.
- Pour 1-1/2 cups marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add ribs. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 5 hours or overnight, turning once. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place ribs over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 10 minutes on each side, basting occasionally.
- Grill 20-25 minutes longer or until meat is tender, turning and basting occasionally with remaining marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sweet 'n' Spicy Country Ribs in Simple & Delicious September/October 2008, p52
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Spicy Country Ribs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review