- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 jar (11 ounces) chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- Hot cooked rice
- Place taco seasoning in a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil until no longer pink. Combine salsa and preserves; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until heated through Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSweet 'n' Spicy Chicken
"Very easy and delicious. Made it tonight for company that must eat gluten-free. Used mild salsa and mild taco seasoning mix as we aren't fans of spicy foods. This is my second time making this recipe and I will definitely make it again."
"Very simple, very delicious! Husband ate 3 helpings. There went my leftovers for another meal. I guess he really liked it!"
"Great flavor with the peachy sweetness added to salsa and so fast to put together! I love this recipe when time is short and dinner time is close!! If you use a Minute rice, and steam some broccoli, you have a meal in minutes!"
"Very yummy! My mom thought it too spicy but I used regular taco seasoning and medium heat salsa which is what we always use in tacos."
"This was really good. Definitely a "crowd pleaser"!"
"Very Good and easy. Used sugar-free apricot jam. Served with whole grain spaghetti."
"This was pretty good and it froze and reheated nicely"
"So simple and delicious!! A great recipe for busy week nights. I followed it to a T. I used a mild salsa and mild taco seasoning for the kids' sensitive palate. I spiced mine up with red pepper flakes and it was great! Will make this again and again."