- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 jar (11 ounces) chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- Hot cooked rice
- Place taco seasoning in a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil until no longer pink. Combine salsa and preserves; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until heated through Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Spicy Chicken
Sort By :
"This was really good. Definitely a "crowd pleaser"!"
"Very Good and easy. Used sugar-free apricot jam. Served with whole grain spaghetti."
"This was pretty good and it froze and reheated nicely"
"Another winner. The chicken was very tender. The peach preserves "mellowed out" the salsa without tasting strongly of peach flavor. It combined with rice well and was an overall very tasty and filling dish with a mild kick to it. It was an easy and quick to prepare meal. Really enjoyed it."
"So simple and delicious!! A great recipe for busy week nights. I followed it to a T. I used a mild salsa and mild taco seasoning for the kids' sensitive palate. I spiced mine up with red pepper flakes and it was great! Will make this again and again."