- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 jar (11 ounces) chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- Hot cooked rice
- Place taco seasoning in a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil until no longer pink. Combine salsa and preserves; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until heated through Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Spicy Chicken
"Very easy and delicious. Made it tonight for company that must eat gluten-free. Used mild salsa and mild taco seasoning mix as we aren't fans of spicy foods. This is my second time making this recipe and I will definitely make it again."
"Very simple, very delicious! Husband ate 3 helpings. There went my leftovers for another meal. I guess he really liked it!"
"This was an easy, good dinner. I served it with a brown rice/quinoa mix. My daughter is not a fan of spicy foods, so she was worried it would be too spicy. I used a mild-ish salsa. We both liked it, and I'll probably make it again."
"Great flavor with the peachy sweetness added to salsa and so fast to put together! I love this recipe when time is short and dinner time is close!! If you use a Minute rice, and steam some broccoli, you have a meal in minutes!"
"Very yummy! My mom thought it too spicy but I used regular taco seasoning and medium heat salsa which is what we always use in tacos."
"This was really good. Definitely a "crowd pleaser"!"
"Very Good and easy. Used sugar-free apricot jam. Served with whole grain spaghetti."
"This was pretty good and it froze and reheated nicely"
"Another winner. The chicken was very tender. The peach preserves "mellowed out" the salsa without tasting strongly of peach flavor. It combined with rice well and was an overall very tasty and filling dish with a mild kick to it. It was an easy and quick to prepare meal. Really enjoyed it."
"So simple and delicious!! A great recipe for busy week nights. I followed it to a T. I used a mild salsa and mild taco seasoning for the kids' sensitive palate. I spiced mine up with red pepper flakes and it was great! Will make this again and again."