Sweet 'n' Spicy Chicken
My husband and three children love this tender chicken that has a spicy sauce. Peach preserves add just a touch of sweetness, while taco seasoning and salsa give this dish some kick. This entree can be made even zippier yet by adding more taco seasoning and using spicier salsa.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 jar (11 ounces) chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- Hot cooked rice
- Place taco seasoning in a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken
- and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil until no longer pink.
- Combine salsa and preserves; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until heated
- through Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (prepared with 1 tablespoon oil; calculated without rice) equals 301 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 985 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer