Sweet 'n' Spicy Chicken
A few convenience items combine with chicken to create a zesty main dish. Garnish with chopped green onions if you like.Sheri White, Higley, Arizona
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 jar (11 ounces) chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup reduced-sugar peach spreadable fruit
- Hot cooked rice
- Place taco seasoning in a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken
- and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil until no longer pink.
- Combine salsa and preserves; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until heated
- through Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.