Sweet 'n' Spicy BBQ Sauce Recipe
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic pepper blend
- 1 tablespoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until the flavors are blended. Remove from the heat; cool. Yield: about 2 quarts.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 67 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 191 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.