Sweet 'n' Spicy BBQ Sauce
Dorothy Ross of Jackson, Ohio relates, "I owned a pizza shop for 10 years and developed this popular sauce to serve with a stromboli steak sandwich. Everyone loved it. It's also delicious on chicken and pork chops."
64 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic pepper blend
- 1 tablespoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until the flavors
- are blended. Remove from the heat; cool. Yield: about 2 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 67 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 191 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.