Sweet 'N' Spicy Bacon Recipe
Chili powder, cayenne and curry add an unexpected flavor twist to the taste-tempting bacon. With a touch of cinnamon and maple syrup, the well-seasoned strips complement just about any breakfast entree...including the must-try main course here.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 bacon strips
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1. Combine the seasonings; sprinkle over both sides of bacon. Place on a rack in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes.
- 2. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon syrup. Turn bacon and drizzle with remaining syrup. Bake for 6-10 minutes longer or until browned. Remove to paper towels. Serve warm. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (2 pieces) equals 115 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 210 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Sweet 'N' Spicy Bacon
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC