Sweet 'N' Spicy Bacon
Chili powder, cayenne and curry add an unexpected flavor twist to the taste-tempting bacon. With a touch of cinnamon and maple syrup, the well-seasoned strips complement just about any breakfast entree...including the must-try main course here.Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 bacon strips
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Combine the seasonings; sprinkle over both sides of bacon. Place on a
- rack in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at
- 450° for 10 minutes.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon syrup. Turn bacon and drizzle with
- remaining syrup. Bake for 6-10 minutes longer or until browned.
- Remove to paper towels. Serve warm. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 pieces) equals 115 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 210 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.