Sweet 'N' Spicy Bacon Recipe
Chili powder, cayenne and curry add an unexpected flavor twist to the taste-tempting bacon. With a touch of cinnamon and maple syrup, the well-seasoned strips complement just about any breakfast entree...including the must-try main course here.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 bacon strips
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Combine the seasonings; sprinkle over both sides of bacon. Place on a rack in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon syrup. Turn bacon and drizzle with remaining syrup. Bake for 6-10 minutes longer or until browned. Remove to paper towels. Serve warm. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sweet 'N' Spicy Bacon in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p12
Reviews for Sweet 'N' Spicy Bacon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 24, 2011
"This is my favorite way to fix bacon. Sweet and spicy. I use more cayenne, but we like it spicy."