Sweet 'n' Sour Tossed Salad
This recipe has been with our family so long that no one knows who originated it. The dressing is also great on any lettuce salad or even over a fruit salad.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 cups each torn fresh spinach, romaine and iceberg lettuce
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a large bowl, combine lettuces, oranges and onion. In a blender or
- food processor, combine remaining ingredients. Cover and process
- until slightly thickened. Pour 1/3 cup over the salad and toss to
- coat; serve immediately. Refrigerate remaining dressing. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 647 calories, 55 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 608 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.