This recipe has been with our family so long that no one knows who originated it. The dressing is also great on any lettuce salad or even over a fruit salad.
- 1-1/2 cups each torn fresh spinach, romaine and iceberg lettuce
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a large bowl, combine lettuces, oranges and onion. In a blender or food processor, combine remaining ingredients. Cover and process until slightly thickened. Pour 1/3 cup over the salad and toss to coat; serve immediately. Refrigerate remaining dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sweet 'n' Sour Tossed Salad in Country Extra March 2000, p49
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Sour Tossed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review