Sweet 'n' Sour Sausage Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked turkey sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 small onions, quartered and separated
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Stir-fry sausage in a large nonstick skillet for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add onions and carrots; stir-fry until crisp-tender. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add pineapple to sausage mixture.
- Combine cornstarch and ginger. Stir in the water, soy sauce and reserved pineapple juice until smooth. Add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Sour Sausage Stir-Fry(4)
Sort By :
I've made dishes similar to this before and this was another good one! Most of the ones I've tried call for red or green bell pepper so the carrots were a nice alternative. Had some baby carrots that needed to be used so I just cut them up into small pieces. This was wonderful drizzled with a little Sriracha, and was eye appealing as well. Also, any kind of smoked sausage will work well in this dish.
Excellent, fast, easy. My kind of recipe.
Loved this. I didn't have the turkey sausage, so I used the pork smoked sausage, and added some water chestnuts to the mix. Excellent, easy and economical
My family loved this dish! We will be making it again very soon since it uses the turkey sausage! It was so good. Highly recommend.
More Recipe Collections
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >