Sweet 'n' Sour Sausage Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked turkey sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 small onions, quartered and separated
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. Stir-fry sausage in a large nonstick skillet for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add onions and carrots; stir-fry until crisp-tender. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add pineapple to sausage mixture.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and ginger. Stir in the water, soy sauce and reserved pineapple juice until smooth. Add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup stir-fry mixture (calculated without rice): 198 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 1164mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Sour Sausage Stir-Fry
"Easy to make with kids helping out! We added a little extra pineapple. A nice change of pace!"
"I made this dish last week. It was a nice change for our family. I liked the addition of carrots but I also added green pepper and used regular smoked sausage. This was a great tasting dish and super easy and quick to make. I will definitely make this again!"
"Do onion need to I this or could I put something else I have a a really bad allergy to them"
"I make a sausage supper that the two of us really like.I use sweet Italian sausage ,green bell pepper,onions,mushrooms and maybe some frozen corn. Just cook the meat until it is almost done,add bell pepper,onion and mushrooms and corn also.Just heat until the meat is finished cooking,that way the vege's don't overcook.Serve with mashed potatoes."
"I've made dishes similar to this before and this was another good one! Most of the ones I've tried call for red or green bell pepper so the carrots were a nice alternative. Had some baby carrots that needed to be used so I just cut them up into small pieces. This was wonderful drizzled with a little Sriracha, and was eye appealing as well. Also, any kind of smoked sausage will work well in this dish."
"Excellent, fast, easy. My kind of recipe."
"Loved this. I didn't have the turkey sausage, so I used the pork smoked sausage, and added some water chestnuts to the mix. Excellent, easy and economical"
"My family loved this dish! We will be making it again very soon since it uses the turkey sausage! It was so good. Highly recommend."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer