Sweet 'n' Sour Sausage Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked turkey sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 small onions, quartered and separated
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. Stir-fry sausage in a large nonstick skillet for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add onions and carrots; stir-fry until crisp-tender. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add pineapple to sausage mixture.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and ginger. Stir in the water, soy sauce and reserved pineapple juice until smooth. Add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1 cup stir-fry mixture, calculated without rice) equals 198 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 1,164 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Sour Sausage Stir-Fry
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer