I am a product manager and home-school our two children. My family truly enjoys this quick meal. I can have it on the table in about 30 minutes with no thawing and no planning. —Wendy Wendler of Satellite Beach, Florida
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked turkey sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 small onions, quartered and separated
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Stir-fry sausage in a large nonstick skillet for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add onions and carrots; stir-fry until crisp-tender. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add pineapple to sausage mixture.
- Combine cornstarch and ginger. Stir in the water, soy sauce and reserved pineapple juice until smooth. Add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sweet 'n' Sour Sausage Stir-Fry in Light & Tasty April/May 2003, p27
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Sour Sausage Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review