- 3 to 4 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, undrained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green pepper
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place ribs in an ungreased 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over the ribs.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Thicken the sauce if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Sour Ribs
"I've got it in the crockpot now and it smells amazing. Just have to decide whether to serve it over rice noodles or rice. Can't wait for dinner! :)"
"This has become one of our favorite recipes. The meat is so tender and the sauce is excellent. I make this more often on the stove top. Doesn't take as long and the sauce thickens up a bit."
"I would not make this again, the ribs had no flavor, the sauce was ok, but not worth the time."
"I made this using bone-in ribs and was disappointed that the sauce was very, very, very watery and not thick at all. I was really put off the texture and ended up throwing most of it out. Is there any way to thicken the sauce?"
"One of my favorite recipes! I use chunk pineapple, and chunk the pepper and onion instead of slicing, just my preference. We like the sauce thickened - at least part of it. Serve over rice. It's like shish-ka-bobs in a crock pot! Wonderful!"