Sweet 'n' Sour Ribs Recipe
- 3 to 4 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, undrained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green pepper
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place ribs in an ungreased 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over the ribs.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Thicken the sauce if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Sour Ribs(6)
Sort By :
I've got it in the crockpot now and it smells amazing. Just have to decide whether to serve it over rice noodles or rice. Can't wait for dinner! :)
This has become one of our favorite recipes. The meat is so tender and the sauce is excellent. I make this more often on the stove top. Doesn't take as long and the sauce thickens up a bit.
I would not make this again, the ribs had no flavor, the sauce was ok, but not worth the time.
My husband loved this ! My ribs were just falling apart son I turned this into a delicious sweet and sour pork. I removed the ribs and pulled off the fat and cut the meat into chunks. Whie the ribs were out of the pot, I combined 2 tablespoons cornstarch and 1/4 cup off cold water. Stirred it into the sauce in the crock pot and turned the setting to high. Once the sauce was thickened (10-15 min) I added the pork chunks back in with a tablespoon of soy sauce. I served it over jasmine rice and added some sliced green onion to the top. I think 8-10 hours is way to long, I cooked mine 6-7 hours and they were completely falling apart. The taste of the sauce is really good!
I made this using bone-in ribs and was disappointed that the sauce was very, very, very watery and not thick at all. I was really put off the texture and ended up throwing most of it out. Is there any way to thicken the sauce?
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Rib Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Pork Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Ribs >
- Super Bowl Party Recipes >
- Tomato Recipes >