Sweet 'n' Sour Ribs Recipe
If you're looking for a change from typical barbecue ribs, you'll enjoy this recipe my mom always prepared on birthdays and special occasions. The tender ribs have a slight sweet-and-sour taste that my family loves. I usually serve them with garlic mashed potatoes and a salad or coleslaw. —Dorothy Voelz, Champaign, Illinois
- 3 to 4 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, undrained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green pepper
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Place ribs in an ungreased 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over the ribs.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Thicken the sauce if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (8 ounces) equals 378 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 256 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Sour Ribs
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC