Sweet 'N' Sour Rhubarb Sauce
For a truly yummy sauce to serve over chicken, turkey or pork, try this recipe. It has the great combination of being sweet and sour at the same time.Sharon Logan, Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
15 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce
- heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until rhubarb is
- tender and sauce is thickened. Serve over chicken, turkey or pork.
- Yield: 3-3/4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 116 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.